Terms and Conditions
By using this website and/or TypeitWrite Limited’s services, you agree to the Terms and Conditions as set out below.
QUOTES AND DEADLINES
• Quotes are based on a sample representation of audio quality, and are subject to quality and consistency of material. We reserve the right to cancel any order where audio quality is poor or digital files are incompatible with our software.
• The intended scope of the work is set out in the quotation email thread. By default, transcripts are transcribed in Intelligent verbatim format
• Turnaround times quoted in ‘days’ refer to working days, Monday to Friday. (For example a standard 3-day day turnaround placed at 9AM on Monday will be due by 5PM Wednesday.
• Transcripts will be sent automatically when completed or can be downloaded from the secure client area. Further security measures are freely available but must be requested in advance.
• Invoices are issued by email on the deadline date, payable by card (via PayPal) or bank transfer
• No export restrictions are applicable, but all transactions must be in British Pound Sterling. The client must pay all conversion and bank fees for overseas payments.
• All quotes, fees and prices are subject to VAT at 20%, unless the point of origin is exempt from UK VAT.
• Invoices must be paid by UK entities, or by arrangement EU companies only by express agreement.
• If the customer is not satisfied with the first draft of a transcription, further proofing and revisions are provided at no extra charge within the scope of the agreed quotation.
• Where audio is good, 98% accuracy is promised. Where audio is of poor quality, transcripts may be incomplete and no accuracy level is guaranteed. Refunds are not offered for incomplete or inaccurate transcripts due to poor quality audio, except at TypeitWrite’s discretion.
• TypeitWrite accepts no liability for loss or damage arising from errors and inaccuracies in our transcripts. It is the client’s responsibility to check for errors and accuracy before use.
• TypeitWrite’stranscripts are not certified for financial advice, court, diagnostic or legal use.
• TypeitWrite’s transcripts do not constitute a statement of truth in a court of law and we do not guarantee accuracy for legal purposes.
DELIVERY AND TIMESCALES
• TypeitWrite endeavours to deliver transcripts by the agreed deadline date. However, deadlines are estimates and are subject to revision. Late delivery does not entitle the client to withhold agreed payment for work completed.
• TypeitWrite cannot accept liability for loss or damage arising from delays in completion of work, delivery of transcripts or return of physical media.
• Quotes are provisional and subject to ongoing capacity.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION
• No refunds are available after commencement of work, except at the discretion of TypeitWrite Where a client cancels an order, charges for work already completed will be payable.
• Replacement transcripts are available for a limited time only upon request.
• Complaints should be notified in writing or email, within 10 days of receipt of work. Complaints made after this date will not be entered into.
• TypeitWrite shall not be liable to any client or any third party in any circumstances whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind (including loss of profit) and the client shall indemnify TypeitWrite against all claims and demands for any such consequential loss or damage.
• TypeitWrite assumes no liability for loss or damage to physical or digital data or media transferred to us by post, or online, and cannot guarantee safe or timely return of goods to sender. TypeitWrite is a limited liability company.
• The members of TypeitWrite including directors, employees, subcontractors or representatives, cannot be held personally liable for the Ltd company’s debts or other losses. The client shall indemnify TypeitWrite in respect of any loss, damages, costs (including reasonable legal fees), expenses or any other claims suffered by TypeitWrite and arising out of any publication of transcribed data, or libellous or illegal matter contained in any material printed or produced for the client.