TypeitWrite Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and users of our website, and to fulfilling recent GDPR requirements.
We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website or via e-mail) is only used for the purposes of providing our primary services.
Security & Privacy Summary
- All collected and submitted data is treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- TypeitWrite Ltd aims to comply with all GDPR regulations.
- All received and collected data is treated as strictly confidential.
- The servers we use are 256 bit SSL secured
- We do not collect contact information for any marketing purposes.
- All staff are subject to a regularly reviewed NDA.
- We are always happy to review and sign your own agreements where requested.
Storage & Retention Summary
- Customers can request access or deletion of data, transcripts and media at any time.
- Booked audio is retained for 30 days from contract end date.
- Quote audio is retained for 14 days from receipt.
- User access to transcripts is available for 30 dayss from contract end date.
This website www.typeitwritetranscription.co.uk is operated by TypeitWrite Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales.
The Information we collect
In some areas of our website we ask you to register and thereby provide personal information. When you do so, we ask you to give us your name, email address, company or affiliation, department, job title and other personal information for the purpose of supplying the Services to you.
We collect statistical information about browsing actions and patterns which can be associated with specific users, including the pages on the website that you visit and the functionality of the services of which you make use.
How we use your Personal Information
The information you provide will be kept confidential. We will hold, use and disclose your personal information for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to identify you and authenticate your use when you visit the Site;
- to provide our Services to you as a user of the Site,
- to notify you about changes to our service and/or the Site;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so.
The Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we reply upon in order to process personal information of our users are the following:
Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
Trusted Third Parties
We will only share your personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you have requested or for our legitimate business purposes, such as accountancy, IT or professional support services.
How long we will hold your information
We will retain your personal information for the time necessary to provide the Services we perform for you. In particular, we will store certain categories of your personal information for the following periods of time:
Category of Personal Data Storage time period
- User login and account information to provide access to our services -Length of contract plus 2 years
- Customer contacts for accounts and invoicing purposes. – Length of contract plus 6 years
- Customer contacts for sales and quotations purposes – 2 years
- Website and email usage and analytics data – 7 years
- Customer feedback on our services – 5 years
- Customer contacts for the provision of support and training – 1 year
We use the data we collect to monitor the effectiveness and performance of the Site and to improve the Services we provide, and to provide relevant content.We only track users’ behaviour on our Site and we do not have access to your behaviour on other websites other than in relation to how you were referred to the Site (e.g. through another site or a search term).
We respect your information and have put in place measures to ensure the security of the information we collect and store about you. We are committed to protecting your personal data from unauthorised disclosure and/or access.
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.Right of Access
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you are unhappy about our use of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.